Day 20: Mickey Mouse drags his pals into third dimension in the 2004 direct-to-DVD Disney special, “Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas.”
On This Episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), an oblivious North Pole workshop supervisor who can’t tell the difference between an elf and a duck.
- Drew Crowley (@pizzanautgo) of The Hourchive.
- John Dedeke (@johndedeke), also of The Hourchive, and Long Weekend.
Topics and Tangents
- If you haven’t been to a Disney theme park in the last year or two, Mickey has a different face now.
- The hippo and crocodile from “Fantasia” have names, because of course they have names.
- Chuck McCann, the voice of Santa, was the Dreamfinder, so here’s the original Journey into Imagination.
- A quick lesson on how time zones work.
- Putting someone’s name on Santa’s list makes it as absolute as the Goblet of Fire.
- One of parenting’s greatest benefits: Embarrassing your kids when they bring home love interests.
- Making snow angels in popcorn on the roof is now on my bucket list.
- The Grumpy Dog who keeps showing up only to get beverages spilled on him is the Stan Lee of the Mickey Mouse universe, which I only mention because we recorded this the day after Stan died.
- Between the Goofys and the Plutos of this universe, there are talking reindeer who can own pets.
- Shout-out to Hidden Mickeys podcast.
- Tired: Putting out carrots for Santa’s reindeer. Wired: “Finding” reindeer poop in the yard.
Previous Episodes of This Podcast Mentioned
- Season 2, Episode 9: Christmas at Walt Disney World (1978)
- Season 2, Episode 19: Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas