Day 18: We are not nice, not kind, and not wonderful to 1985’s “He-Man/She-Ra: A Christmas Special,” in which Skeletor’s heart grows three sizes.
On This Episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), annoying flying wizard who never shows my face even to those who trust me with their secret identity.
- Brandon Medley (@brandmed) from Blessed are the Geek, the only thing left on Tumblr.
- Chad Young (@horrormoviebbq) of the Horror Movie BBQ and TPIF: Thank Pod It’s Funny.
Topics and Tangents
- He-Man and She-Ra are between 18 and 21 years old and gave children unreasonable expectations of what they’d look like when they grow up.
- Thank goodness Chad is here to identify everyone at Eternia’s Christmas party.
- Greyskull Wiki has an entire section of Queen Marlena’s entry dedicated to speculating about her religion.
- The Christmas story conveniently cuts out right after “A long, long time ago…” and cuts back in by briefly mentioning the Wise Men. Still, it’s one of few to reference the birth of Christ at all.
- Brandon’s dog is back because he heard us talking about the Beast Monster!
- The Monstroids exist because the makers of He-Man toys want you to believe giant robots that can transform are evil.
- Skeletor and Hordak are basically Miracle Max and his wife from “The Princess Bride.”
- This may have been the first time I’d ever seen someone yank off Santa’s beard.