Day 14: We trace the origins of “Jingle Bells, Batman Smells,” in the 1992 holiday episode of Batman, the Animated Series: “Christmas with the Joker.”
On This Episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), diseased maniac.
- Joey O. (@ImGonnaDJ24) from Y-Not Radio and Words with Nerds.
- Jay Ryan (@sexyarmpit), from the Sexy Armpit and the Purple Stuff Podcast.
Topics and Tangents
- The crowdsourced origins of “Jingle Bells, Batman Smells.”
- Batman, the Animated Podcast’s episode on “Christmas with the Joker.”.
- The Arkham Sessions’ episode on “Christmas with the Joker.”
- Jay’s original blog on Gotham City being in New Jersey.
- Mark Hamill’s original vocal performance as Ferris Boyle in “Heart of Ice,” before replacing Tim Curry as the Joker.
- Mark Hamill’s comic book nerd mockumentary, “Comic Book: The Movie.”
- Mark Hamill’s longtime obsession with David Letterman.
- Charles Manson apparently spent this Christmas at Arkham Asylum before spending a later Christmas in Nebraska on an episode of South Park.
- Joker’s “Laffy” hand puppet reminds us of Señor Wences.
- His upside-down mouth puppet is even weirder.
- The Betty Blooper doll looks like Toot from “Drawn Together.”.
- Of course the Joker is hiding out at the Laffco Toy Factory.