Advent Calendar House: Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
Day 19: We attempt to make sense of time, space, and the Disney fowl food chain as we watch the 1999 special, Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas.
On this episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), a water fowl trapped in an endless time loop in a cabin in the woods
- Drew Crowley (@pizzanautgo) of The Hourchive.
- John Dedeke (@johndedeke), also of The Hourchive, and Long Weekend.
Topics and tangents
- Donald Duck’s comically enormous, fanmade family tree.
- Happy Duck to the Future Day!
- The Quack Pack intro will tell you everything you need to know about Quack Pack.
- Does Donald’s Christmas cabin exist in a turducken thunderdome?
- Donald Jr., a tiny, semi-real duck introduced in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
- The Fab Five supposedly live in the fictional U.S. state of Calisota, on the Pacific coast.
- Pete has been a cat this entire time!
- Pete smokes a cigar, something since reportedly banned from Disney movies, despite still showing up in Disney movies.
- Recycled animation alert: Mickey’s wacky, tongue-waggling dance first appeared in 1942’s Mickey’s Birthday Party.