Day 2: Strap in and get ready to blast off for Space Church as we celebrate the 40th anniversary of the “Star Wars Holiday Special,” the farthest point from the bright center of our favorite galaxy far, far away.
On This Episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), 4-armed celebrity chef in highly offensive makeup.
- Liz Twachtman (@twtaboutLizzie), a rebel spy and a traitor, from The Wonderful Thing About Lizzie and the Random Chatter Network.
Topics and Tangents
- “Some folks are in space for the benefit of nobody,” by Jon Bois for SB Nation.
- Our disappointment that Chewbacca’s family didn’t show up in “Solo,” but at least we got L3-37, who was great.
- High praise for the animated segment, marking our introduction to Boba Fett and the return of Luke’s awesome yellow jacket.
- Dihann Carroll was 43 years old in that erotic VR helmet sequence.
- Screen Junkies’ Honest Trailers of the Star Wars Holiday Special and other spinoffs.
After This Episode
Check out Liz’s new Disney podcast, Enchanted Chatter!