We spend 17 times the length of a 30-second lottery commercial that had a whole commonwealth singing “FIVE CASH FIVES,” for a quarter-century talking about it.
On This Episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), local TV news theme song enthusiast.
- Joey O. (@ImGonnaDJ24) from Y-Not Radio.
Topics and Tangents
- The original Pennsylvania Lottery Christmas Commercial from 1992.
- The The updated commercial from 2012, remade shot-for-shot like 1998’s “Psycho.”
- PA Lottery’s Holiday Ad Gets Makeover (CBS Philly, 2012).
- “Move Closer to Your World,” the greatest broadcast news theme song ever composed.
- Philadelphia Eagles fans’ longing for kelly green football uniforms.
- Major League Baseball’s endless array of ugly hats for every holiday.